Sunday

As the mother of a five month old, I continue to teeter between fear and faith when it comes to caring for and protecting this little person who has been entrusted to me. At times I've been overwhelmed by all the information that the media bombards me with on a daily basis...another product recall...another lead-tainted toy. It seems there are decisions to be made at every turn: glass bottles or plastic...vaccinate or don't vaccinate...commercial household cleaners or homemade alternatives...organic food or just whatever is on sale this week. The list is endless and it's hard to know where to turn for answers with so many political agendas muddying the water. On top of all that, I have absolutely no idea where my car keys are or what we're having for dinner. Can anyone else relate? I sing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" to my daughter but then spend half my day worrying rather than resting in the knowledge that her heavenly Father knows what she needs even when her mother is clueless. When I decided to join the blogging community, I was going in another direction, but thanks to the Lord's gentle leading and a phone call from my own mother, I'm pursuing a different path. I hope to provide a forum for moms to discuss some of these issues, as well as to provide a "one-stop shop" of helpful resources for those who would like to spend more time simply enjoying their little ones. I'll post regularly and would like to know what topics interest you. If you have a moment, please take the short survey and give me some feedback. I hope you'll visit often. If you'd like to receive email notifications when this blog is updated, please let me know by sending an email to notesfrommynest@gmail.com . When you have time, I'd encourage you to read this article by Julie Barnhill. It blessed me tremendously.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

RECOMMENDED READING