Friday

Firmly and Safely Standing

Having a child of my own is deepening my understanding of my place as a child of God. Romans 5 took on a whole knew meaning this morning. I love my little girl more than I can express and there is absolutely nothing she could ever do to make her more or less deserving of my love. I love her because she is mine. He loves me because I am His. Because of His love, I can firmly and safely stand before Him. If you are His, so can you!

Therefore, since we are justified (acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to [enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God's favor) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God. Romans 5:1 & 2

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I just stumbled upon this site from over at BabyCenter where I do some blogging. It's beautiful. I can' wait to come back with some more time on my hands to check it all out. Have your read C.S. Lewis' the Magician's Nephew? It takes place before all the others in the series. And it explains how Narnia began, and how the White Witch came to be. It has loads of parallels to the bible's version of creation, and it's a great read. My six-year-old loves it.

RECOMMENDED READING