Monday

Bouncing Through Romans

As a new mom, one of my greatest struggles is making time to spend in the Word on a daily basis. There is always something (or someone) else squealing for my attention. I’m embarrassed to say that I have sometimes gone for days without opening my Bible and even when I do there are times when it’s just a formality…something else I can check off my “to-do list” before I get on with my day. Don’t get me wrong. I have good intentions. I’ll do that after I…(fill in the blank). But so many times I fall into bed at the end of the day purposing that tomorrow will be different. Over the past week our mornings have taken on a new rhythm. Rather than waiting until my sweet baby is sleeping peacefully, all the laundry is done, and my kitchen is spotless (which never happens simultaneously), we’re bouncing through Romans together. After breakfast, I plant on the kitchen floor in front of her while she bounces in the Tigger seat that hangs in the doorway and I read aloud while she spins around and shrieks at the dog. An outside observer would be hard pressed to call it a “quiet time”, but it works for us. If you’re having trouble finding time to refresh yourself with the Word, consider including your little one and make it part of your daily routine rather than waiting for that perfect moment of solitude. You might not have one today!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

RECOMMENDED READING