Tuesday

Will I Always Smell Like This?

Sometimes I wonder who smells more like sour milk…the baby or me? She has this amazing knack for missing her own darling sweater while dousing mine. Even though it’s just a phase, last night as I traded in my poor shirt for some pj’s, I found myself wondering, “will I always smell like this?” I catch myself asking the Lord a similar question when I struggle with the same weakness (typically fear) over and over again. Paul could relate to my struggle but he found freedom in this truth: “My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!” (2 Cor. 12:9) If you’re feeling weak AGAIN today, let those words strengthen your spirit.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

RECOMMENDED READING