Friday

All Tangled Up

Perhaps you know the feeling. Something is worrying you and your mind is constantly getting tangled up in those thoughts, making you "unavailable" to everyone around you. I frequently find myself zoning out in conversations or too wound up to sleep at night because I'm fretting over some random "what if", that will probably never actually happen. Someone recently reminded me that even if we do not verbalize our worries, our children often discern the fear on our faces. Rolling my burdens onto the Lord (and leaving them there) is a consistent struggle for me but lately I have been reminded how important it is. Not only does needless worry rob me of peace and joy, it robs my family of my attention and affection. I don't want to miss precious teachable moments because my own mind is tangled up with worry. The enemy knows my weak spots and aims with precision. I'm trying to learn to spit out the lies (and fears) that he feeds me, tell him I know it's trash, and feast on the Word to replace those thoughts.

Proverbs 31:25 & 26

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

Nurture: Visit the new feature, "naturals and organics for baby..." and explore a more gentle approach to caring for your little bundle. The list of natural and organic resources may be updated several times a week so check this section frequently for fresh finds. If you have a tip you'd like to submit please send it to notesfrommynest@gmail.com.

Prepare:
Let your kids help out in the kitchen with these tips from Better Homes & Gardens.


Today's sweet shoppe...


The Walrus & the Carpenter


More sweet shoppes....

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

RECOMMENDED READING